Free CLAD exam at LabVIEW Developer Education Day

Posted on Sunday 4 May 2008

LabVIEW Developer Education Day is coming up soon (May 22), here in the San Francisco Bay Area.  The good news is that National Instruments will be giving free Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer exams at the event, so, if you're not yet certified, this is a great way to do it.  If you've read my blog, you know that certification matters (to me).

Recently, I've gotten a couple emails from friends about how they should study for the exam.  Here are my thoughts:

First, I recommend my book (of course), LabVIEW for Everyone.  There's info in the preface on the LabVIEW exams and how to use the book as a study guide.  We worked directly with National Instruments' training department to make sure that the book was a good resource for the LabVIEW certification exams.

Next, I recommend that you take a look at the LabVIEW tutorials on the LabVIEW wiki and the exam prep resources provided by NI (especially, the How Can I Prepare for the Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) Exam? page).  When you have studied and you want to test your skills, here is an online quiz and sample exam you can take.

If you are taking the exam, good luck.  Study hard, practice, and I'm sure you'll do well :)

16 Comments for 'Free CLAD exam at LabVIEW Developer Education Day'

Justin Goeres
    May 5, 2008 | 6:23 am

At the Developer Day in Raleigh, they were also handing out CLAD prep material during the seminars so potential test takers could review it during the talks or over lunch or whatever. I didn’t see what it consisted of, but I assume it was similar or identical to the online resources you mentioned.

May 12, 2008 | 9:38 pm

Thanks for your fruitful info….. I am from India…. May I know how can I apply for this free CLAD exam on LabVIEW developer education day???
    Please help me out……

Thanks and regards,
    Devi S

May 12, 2008 | 10:29 pm

Hi Devi, I don’t know if there is any developer day in India — all I know is what’s on NI’s site, here. You should check with your local National Instruments offices. I did find this page containing info on NI training in India.

May 12, 2008 | 11:30 pm

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply…… I’ll check it with the local National Instruments offices.

August 28, 2008 | 12:55 am

plz help in preparing the index for clad cirtification.

December 1, 2009 | 10:15 pm

sir/madam I am from India…. May I know how can I apply for this free CLAD exam on LabVIEW ….……

December 2, 2009 | 8:58 am

naveenaa: I would contact NI’s training department to find out about any free exams in India. Good luck.

February 26, 2010 | 8:36 am

I am from India…may I know how to apply for CLAD and also information about exam dates..receiving application.all details of basic information

Paras dungrani
    February 25, 2011 | 9:52 am

This is good platform to indentify…….

Paras dungrani
    February 25, 2011 | 9:58 am

I am paras from india. Can you give me information about how to apply for exam. Me study labview in collage.

December 23, 2011 | 10:53 pm

send me clad exam paper with answers to my mail id

September 4, 2012 | 9:54 pm

I am jakkaiyan from India…may I know how to apply for CLAD and also information about exam dates.. application receiving dates. all details of basic information to my email id–

September 5, 2012 | 3:29 pm

Hi Jakkaiyan : You can find out more info about the CLAD exam, here:

January 27, 2013 | 8:04 pm

I want to give CLAD EXAM .I have EXP of 2 years working wih it .Please send me the opportunity and how to Apply for the Exam on

swetha sadula
    February 24, 2013 | 9:51 pm

how to apply for this free clad exam?

March 15, 2014 | 12:46 am

I am from Bangalore , India . Can you please suggest me how to take free CLAD Exam ?